Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello everyone,
I just started cpap therapy about two weeks ago and I'm still trying to set things up.
I don't have an SD card yet but hopefully will have one soon. I'm in the trial period for Medicare; does anyone know if the data they need will be stored in the machine without a card?
I do have the myair app, but apparently not enough cell service for it to work.

I have also had issues getting used to the pressures causing some discomfort in my chest area and forcing air out from around my mask. Is this normal or will it get better with time?

Thanks, looking forward to having a group to share information with.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member
Your doctor or the DME will receive data on compliance and summarized efficacy data through the Resmed professional software, AirVeiw. Your machine transmits this data to Resmed who provides it to their providers with accounts. You could get more complete data and be able to ask questions here if you buy an inexpensive SD card from 4 to 32 GB and use the free Oscar program to see the data. Since the detailed data is not captured in memory without an SD card, you should just buy one and start using it as soon as possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The compliance info Medicare needs is stored internally, and will be written to the SD card when you have them.

In the meantime you can set up Oscar ahead of time. That way you can have the detailed charts available after you first night with your SD card in the machine. No SD card in the machine overnight means no detailed data for that night.

Post your daily OSCAR charts when you have them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info, I will get a card and post some data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my first night with a card, any thoughts?

I don't know how to interpret the data.  

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting your results. Lots of room for improvement here. With pressure at minimum 5.0 and maximum 14.0, your median pressure was 10 and you were bouncing off the maximum. Most of this is due to the relatively high flow limitation (median 0.11) which suggests a restriction in the inspiratory flow. This flow limitation leads to snores, RERA (respiratory effort related arousal), hypopnea and even obstructive events. Overall the therapy looks uncomfortable and I would guess you're not getting satisfying sleep. Technically your therapy is "satisfactory" with AHI well below 5 and a good 8-hours, 19 minutes of therapy. Your doctor will likely be happy with this, but we can do better.

Let's change some things. You will need to go into the settings to increase the minimum pressure to 8.0. You need to turn on EPR (exhale pressure relief) to the Full-Time optin at Setting 3. This will cause your machine to deliver bilevel pressure ranging from 8.0/5.0 (inhale/exhale) to 14.0/11.0. Notice we have maintained the same pressure on exhale as you currently have, however your pressure will stabilize, you will find it easier to breathe, your event rate will drop and you will be more comfortable. Here is a brief tutorial on getting access to clinical settings https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply and info, yes therapy has been uncomfortable waking up multiple times, but trying to put the time in.

I should tell you I had already turned down the max pressure from 20 down to 14 trying to make things more comfortable.

I will make the changes you suggest and repost data in a day or two.

Here is a screen shot from last night, which seemed to be a difficult night.

Thanks again,
very thankful to have this forum for support 

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I made the changes to the machine and it seemed to help the first night, but the second night was different.
I had tightened the mask trying reduce leakage, it made it more uncomfortable so maybe that affected the second night.

I have also been experiencing some nasal inflammation while using the machine, maybe need more humidification? 

Post Reply Post Reply
Get some Flonase or fluticasone propionate and start daily use to see if you get relief. The clusters of obstructive apnea suggest a positional issue. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
@sghalloway

I can vouch for Sleepriders suggestion of Flonase, it was a game changer for me in the Flow Limitations department. After using it regularly for a couple of months I can now monitor my flow limits and if they start to climb use the Flonase for a few days and back on track. Probably only need it 4 or 5 days out of a month now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 249 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 548 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,130 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,658 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 512 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 474 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  New Member Newly Diagnosed Help With Interpreting lauradeaton 0 399 06-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: lauradeaton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.