Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore
New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore
I've used the halos for 2 weeks and developed a sore, specifically a raised white patch at the tip of my nostril that feels a little rough and stings when I touch my nose. It is a little sore all the time. This is the third day and it hasn't gone down at all even though I switched back to the ports. The halos are very comfortable but I might be putting them a little too high and the magnetic ring is causing this? Or too low?

Tonight I will go back to my pillow mask with the hope it will go away quickly. I need to get back to the halos and put them on correctly to be sure I can use them since I do need to reorder.

I started using the dreamports and had no issue changing over to the halos and would like to continue with them! I'm able to sleep longer, fall back to sleep if I do wake up and twice this week my AHI was 0. 
Any insight would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore
Contact Stuart Heatherington (owner and creator of bleep masks). He is most helpful with getting things comfy.

stuart@bleepsleep.com
Post Reply Post Reply
I did contact him. He didn't fully understand where the sore was and suggested putting extra tape between the 2 halos. So the sore is at the top of my nostril and I would like this to go away before I start using them again. I will try putting some tape across the tip of my nose when I start back up and hopefully that will take care of getting a sore again. 
He hasn't gotten back to me as to whether I might be putting them too high or too low. Not sure he's heard of this before which makes me wonder why it happened to me! Not that I wish a problem for anyone here but was hoping someone heard of it so I can adjust one way or the other.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just thinking is it that the Halo rings are large enough to sit against the area that is getting sore? The Halo’s are big enough that on my schnozz they fit entirely within the opening, but imagine for those with smaller noses there may be some contact. I imagine it is likely a contact sore, so Stuarts suggestion of putting a bit of extra tape from when you trim the Halos makes sense.

My own experience with Halo placement is to center the opening as best I can in the center of my nostril. Too high or too low and it would rub again my nose. It took a while to get used to placing them just so. I don’t recall having to be so exacting with the DreamPorts.

When I did get contact sores from a P10 (not with the Eclipse/Halo) I would use a small dab of Lanisoh on it before putting on the mask. It helped quite a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just went back and forth with Stewart, he's so kind and took time out of his day to send me a personal video and chatted back and forth. So I think you're right, my nose is too small and the magnets are touching my skin at the tip of my nose. I thought that was normal. I have no experience with contact sores but this is what it must be. I need to give it a break so I can continue with the magnets. Now I'm wondering if they're stretching my nose out too much because they touch all around. I have about a week before I have to reorder so we'll have to make a decision between the magnets and the ports. 
I have a spinal disorder so it's hard to stand and I had to figure out how to put the ports on sitting down but I did have it down to taking just a few minutes most nights. The halos are so easy, I want them to work out, thank you so much for your insight, I think you are right on!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think my nostrils are narrow. I really wanted to like the Eclipse, but they stuck out too far, were very uncomfortable, and sometimes ripped through the tape. I returned to the DreamPorts and have been happy. They are more fiddly to put on, but they are more comfortable and lighter too, which I like.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone like the Bleep Dreamport better then the Eclipse? desm0nd 6 2,381 04-19-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 1,185 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Cervical collar causing sore throat? TechieHippie 6 509 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Y no photos of mask-caused "sores" on the www? nelsonka 1 399 12-15-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with pressure change using Bleep Kathy14225 17 1,278 12-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Bleep Mask paulag1955 12 1,557 12-12-2023, 09:54 AM
  Bleep Eclipse Problem Steptoe 4 1,198 12-12-2023, 08:59 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.