Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to OSCAR: Help with Titration
New to OSCAR: Help with Titration
Hello,

I just downloaded OSCAR and uploaded the results to this thread. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for? There is a lot of information and I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to OSCAR: Help with Titration
Welcome

First priority is the leaks (grey zones). when you have none the therapy is working great, and then it goes a bit off the rails once the leaks starts, the machine can't handle them once they go above the red line.

mouth leaks maybe? do you have dry mouth?
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched to a nose pillow mask from a full face because I’d wake up with a dry mouth. I do use mouth tape at night so could definitely be leaking from the mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply
make sure you also include the flow limit graph next time you post data, you can resize them to make one more fit. it shows how much your airway was obstructed when there are no leaks, obviously very useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I attached the flow limit graph here, what are you thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 

We really need to see these graphs all at the same time. 
  1. Events
  2. Flow rate
  3. Pressure
  4. Leak rate
  5. Flow limitations
This is important to simplify analysis and not us having to toggle between two separate pages.

Please check out detailed graph organising here, which should help. 

I agree with Narcil on your considerable leaking situation. 

This is a significant factor, and in this environment, the results indicated in your graphs are more than likely misleading and inaccurate. 

Check out the Mask primer which should help.

I did not quite understand your text "I switched to a nose pillow mask from a full face because I’d wake up with a dry mouth." 

Normally  you should have no leaking with a FFM nor a dry mouth. Again, tbe mask primer is important. 

If you use a pillows mask, and are a mouth leaker, a properly affixed tape should do the job.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use mouth tape and I learned that I need non-silicone tape (which allowed lots of leaks for me) that is 2 inches wide and cut to 5-1/2 inches long. Narrower or shorter and I still leaked. Lots of us use Cover-Roll Stretch tape. I prefer Theraband kinesiology tape even though it costs more. Both are sold by Amazon.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS BiPAP Titration help Gettingbetter33 4 370 06-10-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Gettingbetter33
  Please help with BiPAP self titration for possible UARS uarsapnea90 0 135 05-28-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: uarsapnea90
  [Treatment] Hitting the wall with self-titration sleeper ton 10 385 05-23-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: sleeper ton
  Bi-Level Titration Help Norman2195 4 283 05-18-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Norman2195
  [CPAP] Self-Titration new user help JadeThreads 20 700 05-18-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New user - help with titration empiricismandstatistics 1 195 05-16-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,434 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.