Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Older Airsense 10 CPAP
Older Airsense 10 CPAP
I have an 8-year old ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP that still works good.

I've exported data from the SD Card many times, but that specific model exports very little to the card. 

This model it seems, Does not record Detailed Data, so there is not much to see on reports. I've tried various software and all report that.

My guess is that the Autoset or more expensive models have more to offer in that respect.

Is there a hack of some sort to unlock the reporting capabilities of my unit ? Just curious.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Older Airsense 10 CPAP
The basic Airsense 10 CPAP did not record detailed data, while Elite and Autoset models did. This was a low-end, slightly less expensive machine that we warned about in the wiki for Machines Choices. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ircurve_10 The wiki reads:

"Not recommended (Limited or no data capability)

AirStart (all models)
Airsense 10 CPAP
AirMini"
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems you have the AirSense 10 Cpap.  There is no detailed data capability.

It's time to consider a newer machine.  You can always keep your current  Brick
as a backup.   If you have insurance coverage, then start the process for a replacement.  If you're self paying, there are other options.  You can look for a lightly used (low hour) machine.  

Supplier #2 sells low hour lightly used cpaps, also open box new. Compare prices and watch for sales.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2023, 07:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: It's time to consider a newer machine.  You can always keep your current  Brick
as a backup.    

Funny you should say, I have just ordered my new Airsense 10 Autoset, with full reporting capabilities. It'll be here on Monday. The no modem model, which I wanted even more. 
I plan on cleaning my old one, keeping it as a spare for parts. Keeping in mind my old one worked flawlessly for more than 8 years... Not one repair, ever.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2023, 07:40 AM)This was a low-end, slightly less expensive machine that we warned about in the wiki for Machines Wrote:  

At the time, in 2015, it was my 1st machine and did not know any better, it was also the only machine I was allowed under our government program (I'm in Ontario, Canada)
Now, my new one, is my choice alone and I fully paid too. 
Got the newer Airsense 10 Autoset, with no built-in modem, which I also was really pleased with. I do not want to send my data to anyone but myself... ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Guess I was hoping that over the years someone would have found a way to enable full reporting somehow....

My guess is the firmware is somehow crippled, well, maybe.

Ah well, was worth asking.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct in your assumption, the firmware is the same in all 10 series AirSense and AirCurve models.  So is the hardware.  The difference is which bytes are turned on or off in the code.

I know that this isn't going to address your problem, but at least you can sleep better tonight knowing your assumptions were correct.  Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,507 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 333 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  OSCAR not working with my new AirSense 11 (worked with my old AirSense 11) Chris33022 26 4,218 06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Chris33022
  ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV and older iMAC - Suddenly no Overview data in OSCAR Feelrefreshed 0 646 05-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Feelrefreshed
  Oscar to an older computer EeVee 29 2,903 01-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Last Post: midwestguy
Angry oscar for resmed airsense cpap merf 5 2,122 12-26-2020, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  OSCAR Release v1.1.0 [older version] Gideon 140 14,742 10-30-2020, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.