Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Shadowknight - Therapy Analysis
RE: Shadowknight - Therapy Analysis
I just realized I "enabled" EPR, but it just showed the settings, EPR itself was not set to full. I will have set it to "full" and will see how it goes tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good catch. That should help. Also, set it to 3. I see that on the 12th you had a lot of positional apnea. Was that before you wore a cervical neck collar? If so, it's okay, but if that was with a neck collar you need I higher one.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2024, 05:48 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: Welcome

I see a couple of issues that are causing you problems.  Your beginning pressure is too low for most adults, leaving folks feeling a bit air-starved.  I suggest that you raise it to 7.  I can't see your flow limits but I bet they are high.  Turn EPR on full-time, set at 3.  Those changes should improve your therapy and your comfort.

You have another problem that cannot be fixed by settings.  You have positional apnea which shows up when OAs and/or hypopneas are clustered together on your chart.  This means that your chin is dropping towards your chest causing something similar to a hose that is kinked and does not allow air to flow freely.  Most people find that wearing a soft cervical collar solves this problem.  When I used one the Caldera Releaf Collar worked and was the most comfortable by far.  You can try using a flat pillow to see if this solves it first.  Others use special pillows that can solve it, but not what you see advertised as CPAP pillows.  They are too high to help with positional apnea.  I use a child-sized pillow that is flatter and has a raised front edge that keeps my head tipped slightly back and it solves PA for me.  Good luck!  Smile

I'm still having issues sleeping longer than 4-5.5 hours with using EPR at 3 and a minimum pressure of 7... I've been using two pillows to put my head on, with my head positioned at a slight angle to rest me jaw on the cervical collar so my jaw doesn't drop... Are you saying I'd have a better result using a single, flat pillow? Wanted to be sure before buying another. I've also added in charts from last night, in case that can add some additional insight.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 174 Yesterday, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit
Question JKan Therapy Analysis JKan 70 2,397 07-24-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 8 301 07-21-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  SOS Urgent : Request for Analysis of My Data Please Anewser 16 677 07-09-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Question AT's Therapy Analysis Pawpri 79 4,415 07-07-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  GeorgeGus - Therapy Analysis GeorgeGus 24 806 06-21-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Ace420 Sleep Therapy Analysis Ace420 1 179 06-17-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.