Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks
Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks
I use a Wellue O2 ring and a Resmed BiPAP and have a hard time keeping the clocks sync'd. I sync the ring to the PC every 3-4 days, BUT the CPAP seems to drift. I don't know why the CPAP doesn't sync with a time source since it is connected to a cell tower often. Some might argue you don't want it to change time zones if you are traveling, but it could at least adjust the minutes and seconds to stay accurate.

Has anyone come up with a way to easily set the Resmed clock? It is such a pain to watch a clock and try to get the full time set accurately. I suspect they never expected anyone would be trying to sync two devices.

Maybe someone has hacked the CPAP firmware to enable a time sync feature?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks
Yes, there is a way! Please read this Wiki on syncing your Viatom/Wellue oximeters with your CPAP in OSCAR:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...with_OSCAR

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the link. Examining my ring's files, I see some STRANGE behavior. Notice that TWO days were loaded into my April 16th data (they are overlapping in the display) YET the dates are 16 and 17 in the ring files (as seen in the open file dialog).

Doesn't this look like an OSCAR bug? I have seen it on other days as well. I am running OSCAR 1.4.0+e35d47b3. This seemed to start happening recently (last couple of months). I load my ring data twice a week to avoid over flowing the 4-day buffer. Each time, I go into the Pro app (on the PC) ring config and sync the clock with the PC to avoid clock drift.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
A CPAP's day is from noon to noon the next day. One was after 11PM on the 16th and the next occurred a 2AM on the 17th. These two are within the CPAP's 16th day.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
coldfeet7,

Would you mind giving us a more detailed description of how you are importing the oxi data into OSCAR.

It seems the the data on the 16th runs from 23:27:02 to ~06:20:?? and the data from the 17th runs from 02:18:33 to ~08:10:00.

Typically the only time we see two oxi data files imported on the same day is if you had the oximeter recording for more than 10 hours (the limit of wellue oximeter sessions). The second session usually starts about 5-6 minutes after the end of the 10 hour limit.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh....   so the ring (almost two years old now) messed up and somehow recorded it incorrectly. I have noticed on a couple of occasions where I have awakened in the night, checked the time and it was WAY OFF.  Like 3 PM, not 3AM. Since I sync the clock twice a week with the PC clock, using the O2 Insight Pro software, I know it should be very close to the right time. That mess up causes the time shift that puts two night's readings in the same noon to noon window I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
I import the ring data into the PC using Viatom's O2 Insight Pro v1.8.0 software (latest version). I then use OSCAR's Import Viatom/Wellue Data option to retrieve the recently data. Using the earlier example (the original post) I went back and use the )2 software to check the 16th and 17th. I shows only two for the 16th (though the files are amed with the 16th and 17th) and none for the 17th. See in the capture that it reports (in the lower left corner) "The file is corrupt" when I select the 2nd 16th (the one 02:18:33 to ~08:10:00). Something stinks big time. Sounds like the ring is going flakey and their software is getting confused by the data as well.

This doubling up happened on May 2nd as well, however, with the 5-6 minute gap you mentioned. BUT I NEVER sleep 10 hours or otherwise wear it that long. I KNOW I used it two separate nights. So the May3rd O2 data is missing in OSCAR because it was dumped inside the noon to noon window for the 2nd.

I checked the O2 data file names and indeed the date didn't advance as expected.

You can see it in the capture below.

I'll need to get a new ring I guess, because I believe I am outside the warranty. Thanks for helping me figure out it is the ring. Its a shame really because the battery still lasts well and the display works (though dimmer). Maybe I'll butcher it and find a way to strap it on an ankle to measure PLMs (the most common area to be moving).

P.S.
The reason I have the movement scale for the ring data set so limited is because you can't see what appear to be PLMs otherwise. They are too slight. This capture is taken from the above capture, zoomed in, to see the period of the movements. I find it hard to believe those are artifacts.

P.P.S.
My jpgs are 172k but when I upload them to this site it reports them as being over 600k. Anything I can do to make this more efficient for your server space?
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't compared sizes, but OSCAR generates a PNG file when you use its F12 or Fn+F12 for a Mac
screen capture option.  Using this option also aids in formatting the Daily screen by closing certain displays while it grabs the image.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I looked closer and found that converting from SnagIT format (172k) to jpg was over 600k. I was confused about the one I looked at. The one below is a PNG (exported from SnagIT) and it is about the same size when uploaded to this site. My bad. PNG is way better than JPG.

Post Reply Post Reply
Out of curiosity, why aren't you using the embedded screenshot feature of OSCAR?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 654 56 minutes ago
Last Post: StuartC
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,305 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 511 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,436 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
  How to set up O2 ring for 2nd user BlueSky1958 8 1,383 06-05-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine SleeplessInPain 6 1,345 05-16-2023, 08:22 PM
  Wellue O2 Ring data for import BlueSky1958 6 979 05-14-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.