Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Time to learn how to breathe properly. Help with DS Bipap S/T
Time to learn how to breathe properly. Help with DS Bipap S/T
Hi Everybody. 
I am long time forum 'snooper" and a member from 2022. Since I have been diagnosed out of all medical professionals, by Laryngologist with little camera  and after asking if I snore, stating that I have sleep apnea. That was around 2007/2008 and since then being put on CPAP machine which I tolerated for about a week. Then CPAP with 2 cm of EPR setting was sold to me. Tolerated for another few weeks and hating every minute on it. Next step was trying mandible repositioning devices(last of them was printed on 3D printer) all of them costly junk on garage shelf. All that time there was no effort to have meaningful diagnosis made. (I live in western Canada and there is no private access to majority of health services). On one of trips abroad I managed to get Raspironics Bipap with Avaps System One machine sourced, and after initial set up I was on my own. Shortly thereafter Nonin 3150 wrist oxymeter arrived on my night desk, appropriate software followed, then Sleepy head, followed by Resscan, Encore and other iterations of digital life. Shortly after being pronounced Apneic, I had lung Xrays and diagnosis of COPD have arrived. All that was 12-15 years ago and to this day my COPD is of unknown version and origin. All doctors blame my very moderate cigarette smoking which I quit at the age of 30. I am 77 now. After few thousand hours System One blower quit, I replaced it and new circiut board as well, got few more thousand hours, bought Resmed Lumis 150 STA. That machine clocked 16000 hours, switched back to System One in 2023 and when recall it was subjected to happened I was promised Dream Station BIPAP with AVAPS. Since it was a long process I had to meanwhile get equivalent of Lumis 150 STA.  (Resmed Air Curve 10 STA). I used it for several hundred hours when long promised Dream Station arrived. It is day 5 of use and results are not what I expected. Initial settings were based of System One now given back to Respironics. I would greatly appreciate to get someone very familiar with this mode of operation. Mode S/T IVAPS, IP max 10, IP min 6, EPAP 4. Tidal Vol 600, rise time 1, TI 2.1 sec. Machine does expiration timing and time length. My SPO2 stays average 91 to 92 %, fluctuating through the night from 88/89 to 93/94%. I have never woken up with restful feeling. My only hope is in forum members knowledge. Apologies for long winded post. Next ones will be very short. Thank You. Dzidzia
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time to learn how to breathe properly.
Since you're using OSCAR, post a couple daily page charts for review.

Links below in my signature line will guide you in setup of a graphs and how to upload them here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Opal Rose. As soon as I climb steep learning curve I will be back with images. I also have to improve contrast in Event Flags window to make all marks visible better. Thank you again.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
                            Here it is last night Oscar info. I also attached screen shot of Nonin 3150 SPO2 oxygen graph for the whole night. My struggle with low O2 levels like that goes on for past many years. Avg 91.8 % and 53.1 BPM is one the high side. Usually it is in 90.5 to 91%. I wake up tired with sluggish brain. As for Oscar graphs- I do not know How they turned up. It is my first attempt to post any files on the forum. Thank you for everyone's patience. Dzidzia.

Sorry. My Nonin chart did not make into previous post. I try to post it here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Time to learn how to breathe properly. Help with DS Bipap S/T
With the lingering Hypopnea, it would appear you're in need of higher EPAP, of which you're only getting around EPAP 4. That's pretty low, too low for most adults. That's one area of possibility to consider increasing, however you may need to edit other settings to facilitate this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 122 10,076 05-17-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 33 1,420 04-29-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,373 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 183 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 178 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 9 283 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 2,093 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.