Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

can someone help me interpret these?
can someone help me interpret these?
Hello,  I hope this is not an annoying request but I a in real need of understanding what is going on with my sleep.  About three months ago I started waking up just at the point of sleep.  It feels as though I am not taking a breath and it wakes me up.  I've read a lof of stuff about sleep onset apnea and I am concerned that is what this is.  I had it once before in 2020 and it only lasted a week or so.  Both times, then and now, I was under a lot of stress.  This time, A LOT of stress.  Which spiraled into crippling anxiety, being hyper focused on my breath, fear of going to bed, etc.  I work out every day, I can go out and run 5 miles no prob, I sprint up steep hills....so overall I'm not having other health issues.  Prior to this my sleep was great.  Like laughably great.  Right to sleep, although I would wake up a few times in the night to pee.  During the day (before this started) I felt rested every day.  Now not so much.  Sometimes I freak out and can't get over the hump into sleep.  After that my sleep is thin and patchy.  
Last night I took 2 lorazepam (I know this might not be a great idea) to sleep and wore as pulseox.  I have posted my data below.  
Looks like I dipped into 93 range in O2 (a couple little blips to 92).  My pulse seems to ride along with my O2. You can see that after getting to the point of sleep my o2 drops and wakes me.  I finally went to sleep at about 11 and stayed there all night except for a time or two waking to pee.  
I snore sometimes but I don't gasp.
I would so appreciate any advice here.  I have a sleep study but it isn't until the 25th of this month.  Please help me understand if there is anything concerning here.  Thank you thank you in advance.  The lack of sleep is making me crazy.
Mike

Also, I recently visited the dr and my blood work and exam were all normal.  He rated me as being in good health.

Also, pulsox fell off after about 4 hours of sleep. I actually got up at 6 and I feel well rested today.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: can someone help me interpret these?
Also, I was def having some palpitations while I laid there. Sleep has become very stressful. I have them occasionally during stressful events. Dr. didn't seem concerned.
My normal O2 levels during the day are 96-99. Most common reading is 97.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard.  Your data doesn't look too bad IMO.  What may be happening is that you are having a few central apneas as you are falling asleep.  You may be having them during sleep also (and also obstructive blockages).  During my in lab sleep study, the RT saw that I would stop breathing just as I was about to fall asleep.  A term for it is "sleep wake junk".  The same thing can happen as a person wakes up from sleep.  The transition or hand off from voluntary to unvoluntary breathing during sleep is not 100% smooth in everyone.  

Your spo2 numbers do not look that bad.  Your average spo2 is ok.  Your lower drops and dips are not super severe. You do drop below 90 down to a low of 88, and that is the time to start investigating from the research I have done.   But, great job noticing them.  You may even want to bring a copy of this to show when you do your sleep study.  And be sure to tell them about the problem you are having trouble breathing (feel like you are suffocating) just as you are falling asleep.  

Great job getting an appointment for a sleep study.  They can hopefully diagnose any central apnea (and also obstructive apneas and hypopneas - kind of like a mini obstruction of a little less severity.  Then there are even smaller flow limitations.  

Just do the best that you can until the sleep study and please post the results of your sleep study back here when finished.  I went to my local hospital's business office after my sleep study and aske for a copy of it.  They gave it to me in 5 minutes.  

Do some research on the above terms if you would like also.  If you have any other questions for us, just ask also.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
According to my info my lowest drop is to 92, and only for a second or so.  Did I miss something in the report?

And Thank You so much for responding.  I really appreciate you!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the clarification.  With an spo2 drop down to 92, that is much better.  When you have the sleep study later in the month, you can compare it to this one (the spo2 tests).  Not much to worry about from this spo2 test then.  The sleep study will probably be more accurate and give a good picture of your spo2 during sleep.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspected UARS. Can someone help interpret oscar data. lplayer24 2 269 07-16-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Sad [Health] PLEASE HELP ME INTERPRET MY OSCAR DATA shiva.ahuja1 4 224 07-11-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] Please help interpret sleep study results!! Could this be UARS? Kriiistine 3 323 06-16-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Help me interpret OSCAR graphs meskallito 4 325 05-23-2024, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help me interpret my OSCAR data Arale 2 244 05-16-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Could anyone help interpret my OSCAR data? apapnea 2 373 05-02-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: apapnea
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 369 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.