Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
RE: Are "events per hour" on the MyAir App the same as AHI ?
Picked up a second replacement ResMed10 Friday to confirm the 1st machine was functioning properly.
Both machines were brand new.
Doctor asked me to use Machine #2 for a week in APAP mode and call him in a week.

I noticed 

my 2nd ResMed10 firmware is SW 567-0306 
my 1st ResMed10  firmware is SW 556-0204

I used the replace ResMed 4 times since Friday

Time used 3:57 hours AHI 12.9
Time used 2:17 hours AHI 10
Time used 5:38 hours AHI 14.2
Time used 7:14 hours AHI 14.1

With Machine #1 AHI was 20+ to as high as 40

I'm hoping numbers get better or firmware is someone better suited for my case, or maybe will provide better data for better adjustment.

I also noticed in APAP mode that Machine 1 would ramp up to 20 and just sit there all night (hard to keep a good seal), BUT machine 2 rams up to 20 then comes down to 14.1 and hovers around 14.1 

I am half asleep when I made that observation so it may not be 100 correct - pressures of 19+ always wake me. 

Maybe I will post Sleephead charts later after I get caught up on some work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2018, 12:18 PM)theMezz Wrote: <snip>
I am half asleep when I made that observation so it may not be 100 correct - pressures of 19+ always wake me. 

Maybe I will post Sleephead charts later after I get caught up on some work.

huh!  Good luck wi' that!   Laugh-a-lot 

Seriously, best wishes; it's very encouraging that your "numbers" have improved so dramatically — still not ideal, but roughly half as bad?

Hope you're able to get the detail of the titration that Sleeprider suggested.  (Very droll to characterize what you were given as "good enough for elementary school"; sadly I would never be able to be so gentle or kind. <shrug>)
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead charts with ResMed #2 attached
I am going to stay with APAP mode for a few days because that's what Doc asked me to do.
Then he wants to call him.

[attachment=7363]
[attachment=7364]
[attachment=7365]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think a soft cervical collar would clear up a lot of those obstructive apnea's. Something to consider.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2018, 09:31 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I think a soft cervical collar would clear up a lot of those obstructive apnea's. Something to consider.

I tried one with the older ResMed10

I will try again tonight with the replacement ResMed10
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it's a machine issue unfortunately the replacement machine is working in the same way as the other one. Not sure what the answer is to your treatment but an apap device does not look to be it.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=7366]
(07-16-2018, 09:31 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I think a soft cervical collar would clear up a lot of those obstructive apnea's. Something to consider.

Used a collar last night and [:::::::drum roll please:::::::]

[attachment=7367]

I have never been in single digits before. As soon as I opened my eyes I knew AHI was much lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good. The next thing I'd do is set your minimum pressure to 14cm. That should help stop some more of those obstructive events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2018, 07:19 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Sounds good. The next thing I'd do is set your minimum pressure to 14cm. That should help stop some more of those obstructive events.

The doctor called and said stick with it the way things are a little while and he said he is watching my #'s too.
I will wait a few days then up the min to 14 and see what happens.
I don't want to not do what he says - at least for a few more days.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New user: How many clear airway events is too many? blunder 7 263 16 minutes ago
Last Post: blunder
  Fall asleep and wake up in an hour with CPAP nicchamilton 2 100 Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Last Post: juniper
  10 AHI per hour with cpap - normal? mickapoo 24 662 05-12-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: mickapoo
  AHI with no Events HenryECole81 4 148 05-11-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  A way to track the length of my apnea events DeadManSleeping 2 137 05-04-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: DeadManSleeping
  Machine not reacting fast enough to events? Brimstone 2 141 04-30-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
Question [CPAP] Are these events Central or Obstructive Apneas? vHungry 5 196 04-28-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.