Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
(10-12-2016, 10:54 AM)Adoniscmj Wrote: I agree totally, as when I went to the DME they had a machine waiting for me. They didn't ask me what I wanted at all. I told them that I wanted a ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto set with data. She was surprised and said oh you did some research. I said yes and that is the unit I decided on. I had to make another appointment as they had the brick set up for me not the Air Sense. Don't let them pick it for you. They will choose the unit that they make the most profit on. Get what you want. There are some really good machines out there from ResMed and Phillips. Plus some other brands as well. It is your money, get a useful machine that will keep track of your therapy.

wish i had found this sooner

i took what they gave me

not bad machine but did not seem to have all the options turned on
and i may need an ASV machine instead from what my research is showing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone. I am stressing a little bit cause I just purchased my cpap machine from an American online company and I just would like to know if any of you ever bought from "Aussie Cpap"? Is that a legit company? Thank you all
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it on our supplier list? (link at top of page) Those are OK.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, could you please send me the link. I can't find it! Much appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has a little shopping cart in front of the text Supplier List at the top of the page, just below the banner and left of center.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I may have been. I just tried to get reports on Sleepyhead and it says my machine doesn't allow much data. It's a Phillips Respironics System One (60 Series)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2017, 01:23 PM)AlliesNana Wrote: I think I may have been. I just tried to get reports on Sleepyhead and it says my machine doesn't allow much data. It's a Phillips Respironics System One (60 Series)

What's the model number or name? Anything below the 450 Pro is a brick. For example the 360 Plus.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the moral of the story is that you can use your brains to try and help yourself or not. If you choose to leave it all up to a doc and a DME you get whatever you get. If you do it yourself, you assume the risk of losing treatment time and money.

From what I have seen of the DME world, I would not trust them to take care of my dog let alone a human. I don't know how people can call themselves "professionals" when they can never answer any of my questions correctly.
I only deal with them because it's cheaper for me because of insurance, but I know how to get what I want.

I think the right balance is to find a doc who knows what he is doing and take charge of your care on your end.
The DME part is a waste of time and money unless it's cheaper for you due to insurance.

Either way, research and go in with eyes wide open. If you lose time, money or health because you are trusting and it took you 2 years to find out the DME or provider is incompetent it's not going to take any time off of their lives.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi to everyone,

I am a new to the world of Apnea. I live in Ontario. I was told that I do not need to see the clinical information via the device, there are apps for that. I got annoyed, because I think it is my right to look at my health information on ANY device I choose to, in my case the CPAP. One provider told me they only sell three different devices, not much choice. I asked for an auto device. Provider told me that if the Doctor did not prescribe one I do not get it. My question is: Can I get an auto device? What if the doctor says: you don't need it? Is it not better to have an Auto feature? When I got tested, I did not sleep on my back. Maybe at home I do...so the auto feature would get me the correct pressure.....right??? Hope to hear from someone.  

Take care,

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
The Auto machines are much better. As far as you being able to read and understand your machine, it is you who number one in your care. Unless you are willing to let someone else be in control.

Learn all you can, read this form and Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 13 219 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 98 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,431 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 87 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 4 163 03-14-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,447 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New APAP machine Robert Detz 0 83 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Robert Detz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.