Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Intermittent desaturations during sleep
Intermittent desaturations during sleep
Just started using a new pulse ox device that vibrates when I desaturate <90. I've been getting 4-5 episodes nightly, moreso in the morning. My AHIs have averaged in the mid 2s. Most prevalent when I lay on my back as opposed to side sleeping. Dead ringer for upper airway collapse I would think. Using a chinstrap but am noticing an increase in dry mouth in the early mornings before waking. Should I bump up my pressure? What else can I do?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Intermittent desaturations during sleep
Let's see your charts including oximetry.

with a dreamstation you have two options

1. more pressure
2. Increase supplemental oxygen
ok there is a third option.
3. Get a BiLevel which will improve your exchange

BUT these are general answers because you have not presented your charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2021, 06:08 PM)Gideon Wrote: Let's see your charts including oximetry.

with a dreamstation you have two options

1. more pressure
2. Increase supplemental oxygen
ok there is a third option.  
3. Get a BiLevel which will improve your exchange

BUT these are general answers because you have not presented your charts.

Last 2 nights:

[Image: RVKpfia.jpg]
[Image: NCWmUye.jpg]

[Image: kJ8S9Ku.png]
[Image: yixh593.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
In part, I think you are falling into the spike trap. Honestly, the spikes, which is what I see, don't matter. What matters is duration. How long were you under 93%, 90%, 88%, 85%, 80%, 75%? These values are there because the top four are used by some doctors as critical values. The lower two are there to indicate the really bad values. Do you have access to these types of values? The longer the duration and the lower the percentage the worse it is.

IMHO turn the alarm off and check your durations. Without question, the alarm is disturbing your sleep.

On your charts turn off the Piechart and calendar and we will see your settings. Take your screenshot with F12 as that will remove them take the shot then restore them after.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-22-2021, 08:12 PM)Gideon Wrote: In part, I think you are falling into the spike trap.  Honestly, the spikes, which is what I see, don't matter.  What matters is duration.  How long were you under 93%, 90%, 88%, 85%, 80%, 75%?  These values are there because the top four are used by some doctors as critical values.  The lower two are there to indicate the really bad values.  Do you have access to these types of values? The longer the duration and the lower the percentage the worse it is.

IMHO turn the alarm off and check your durations.  Without question, the alarm is disturbing your sleep.

On your charts turn off the Piechart and calendar and we will see your settings.  Take your screenshot with F12 as that will remove them take the shot then restore them after.

[Image: rmttkom.png]
[Image: E1Lfvbl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleep Apnea and Home Sleep Test Jojoap 3 615 03-15-2021, 06:20 AM
Last Post: chrisj
  Have mild sleep apnea, and sleep therapy center question kconan 6 470 12-15-2020, 09:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Do sleep aids effect sleep study results wking 14 915 12-01-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  intermittent sky high leak rate BB63 34 1,109 08-07-2020, 07:24 PM
Last Post: BB63
  Few Apneas but many SpO2 Desaturations Chitlom 2 541 01-02-2020, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  Rera and O2 desaturations REMless 10 1,196 06-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: REMless
  Did in-home sleep study, seeking referral to remote sleep medicine doc (telemedicine) NightOwl42 11 1,816 02-04-2019, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Stom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.