Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP user feel like crap
RE: New CPAP user feel like crap
I've been using a CPAP for more than 6 months. I have tried 5 different masks and continue to have problems with air leakage. Even if I take a sleeping pill at most I get 5 hours of sleep and feel like crap in the morning. When I don't use the CPAP and don't take a sleeping pill I average 6-7 hours of sleep a night and feel good and productive in the morning. I occasionally have problems from acid reflux and cough. I usually have to take the mask to deal with the cough and then take 20-30 to fall back asleep. while if I don't wear it, I am back asleep in less than 10. I seldom snore during the night but will stop breathing 5-6 times a night on occasion (my partner says I don't do it all the time). Based on my sleepytime results I do have some issues, but if I cough or sneeze, the results are useless as they go sky high. In the last month, I probably only use it about 1/2 the time and take it off immediately if I can't get it adjust to stop the leaks pretty much immediately. The noise from the leaks frequently wakes my partner. Even if I don't have any major issues with the mask and manage to sleep through most of the night, I seldom get more than 5-6 hours of sleep (1-2 hours less than when I don't wear it). I feel a bit better then, but not quite as good as when I don't wear it and get more sleep. While I know I should wear it because I stop breathing sometimes, I am ready to give up on it because I feel so poorly when I do use it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 762 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 272 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,374 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 1,936 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 836 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,549 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.