Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New Router- No FlashAir anymore
New Router- No FlashAir anymore
I had the FlashAir up and running on my old D-link DIR-655 and the CONFIG file is below.  I switched to an Asus router (RT-AC66U_B1) with the changes to the file shown on the right as Asus=.  The 192.168.50.  has been tried as .1  and as .191 for the forth set-  Neither way will it work.

With the old DIR-655 it had only the Network Name/Password.  The new Asus has the Network Name/Password to access the router settings AND Wireless access for 2.4G/5G plus Guest network for both.  Have tried link the FlashAir to the router access/ and wireless accesses but can’t get the right combinations I guess.

I’m wondering if the firewall in this new router has is causing the problem maybe?

Any suggestions?  Thanks

[WLANSD]
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.0.191                                          Asus=192.168.50.1  (or) .191
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0

[Vendor]
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=FlashAir
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                              Asus= 2g NetworkName (SSID)
APPNETWORKKEY=*********************         Asus= WPA-PSK Key
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Router- No FlashAir anymore
I assume you mean the new router is addressed as 192.168.50.1.

is the IP listed as 192.168.0.191 the FlashAir?

with a netmask of 255.255.255.0, these two will never connect.

change the FlashAir to 192.168.50.191 OR the router to 192.168.0.1

basically, every device must have an IP address that starts the same such as 192.168.50.XXX
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2018, 08:26 PM)zzzZorro Wrote: I had the FlashAir up and running on my old D-link DIR-655 and the CONFIG file is below.  I switched to an Asus router (RT-AC66U_B1) with the changes to the file shown on the right as Asus=.  The 192.168.50.  has been tried as .1  and as .191 for the forth set-  Neither way will it work.

With the old DIR-655 it had only the Network Name/Password.  The new Asus has the Network Name/Password to access the router settings AND Wireless access for 2.4G/5G plus Guest network for both.  Have tried link the FlashAir to the router access/ and wireless accesses but can’t get the right combinations I guess.

I’m wondering if the firewall in this new router has is causing the problem maybe?

Any suggestions?  Thanks

[WLANSD]
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.0.191                                          Asus=192.168.50.1  (or) .191
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0

[Vendor]
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=FlashAir
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
APPSSID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                              Asus= 2g NetworkName (SSID)
APPNETWORKKEY=*********************         Asus= WPA-PSK Key
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
NOISE_CANCEL=0
STA_RETRY_CT=0

I looked up the default IP address of that router in the user manual, and it appears to be 192.168.1.1 .  Where did you get 192.168.50.X?

For your device to connect, I suggest assigning an IP of 192.168.1.191
Post Reply Post Reply
and turn off beam forming if you are still having issues. I'm on an ASUs router and while smart connect is great, theres some stuff that just won't connect to it even tho it should. the 192.168.50.1 is weird. Wonder why its giving you that? check wlan and lan id's, should be 192.168.1.XXX.

I'm running an RT-AC5300 and have just gone thru setting this one up and getting it to talk to everything else in the house.

you can use 192.168.50.xxx but thats going to take a bit of working out for the routing tables depending on what else everything is set to. Easier to set the lan to 192.168.1.1 which is where it should be by default and go from there.

[attachment=7708]
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Z,
Based off your CONFIG file listing, the two devices are on different subnet networks.  Your FlashAir is on a 192.168.0.x and your Router is on a 192.168.50.x network.  Based off your Subnet_Mask(255.255.255.0), the first 3 octets must be the exact same.  You need to either change the Flashair to an IP of, 192.168.50.191, or change your router to, 192.168.0.1  Remember, the last octet has to be unique to each device.  No other device can have the same last value.  

Without going into great detail, here is a quick guide in Subnet masking. Both your network address and the subnet mask has 4 values, each separated by a period(".").   If the subnet value at the each octet location is set to 255 means that, to be on a particular network, all values have to be the exact same value. Likewise, a value of zero ("0") means any number will be on that network.  Any network number with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 will only allow up to 254 devices (value "255" is reserved).

Example:
Network IP of 192.168.1.XX and a subnet mask of: 255.255.255.0 means that all devices that have the first 3 values set to 192.168.1 will be on the same network.  The last value is the unique device identifier for that network.

Two other things come to mind. These seem to be the most common reasons I've found for a communication loss with a FlashAir.
  1. If you can control Channel Width in your new router, set it to 20Mhz. A FlashAir will not operate at any higher setting.
  2. Make sure that you have 2.4Ghz turned on.  Most new routers are set for 5Ghz, a FlashAir will only run on 2.4Ghz.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very much appreciate all you guys coming to my assistance.  When it comes to routers I have only had to fool with them a couple times and I have to plead 'terminal stupid' in that arena.  Pardon me if I use the wrong terminology- I'll do the best I can.  I put off updating the old DIR-655 a long time as I expected problems but so far everything else with it went smoothly.. seems the FlashAir is the only thing being a PITA.

[attachment=7710]  

Here is where I got theIP address for the Asus RT-AC66U_B1 router.  192.168.50.1  It also takes me to the Asus routers log on screen. 
The .191 added to the last (octets?) of the FlashAir IP was the same last set as used successfully with the DIR-655.  I ran the AngryScanner program and found it was also not being used on the Asus and figured it would work in the new environment also.  [silly me]

[attachment=7712]   [attachment=7713]

This is the last attempt to connect to the FlashAir with the new Asus router- it failed.

The original post was the FlashAir which functioned in the old DIR-655.  Off to the right were three notations (NOT on the original set up, but showing the change made to the original settings figuring that was all I had to do to make it work in the new Asus router).

Thanks for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Based off the images above, everything looks good.

I forgot to mention that each time you edit the FlashAir CONFIG file, it will display the APPNETWORKKEY as a series of asterisks ("********"). When you edit this file, you will have to replace them with the actual password or else it will store the ASCII value of an asterisk instead of the actual password character.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2018, 08:16 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Two other things come to mind. These seem to be the most common reasons I've found for a communication loss with a FlashAir.
  1. If you can control Channel Width in your new router, set it to 20Mhz. A FlashAir will not operate at any higher setting.
  2. Make sure that you have 2.4Ghz turned on.  Most new routers are set for 5Ghz, a FlashAir will only run on 2.4Ghz.

I forgot to mention that each time you edit the FlashAir CONFIG file, it will display the APPNETWORKKEY as a series of asterisks ("********"). When you edit this file, you will have to replace them with the actual password or else it will store the ASCII value of an asterisk instead of the actual password character.

Settings were changed as suggested. (NO DICE!)   I remember the APPNETWORKKEY warning and have been doing it.

Now; Considering setting up a DHCP for FlashAir OR FlashAir reconfiguration software-  what think??   Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
At this point, it couldn't hurt.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Big Z,
I was looking at the manual for your router.  Under the Advanced Settings > Wireless >General tab, make sure these parameters are set:
Frequency to 2.4Ghz
Wireless Mode to "Legacy"
Channel Bandwidth is set to 20Mhz
Authentication Method = WPA2-AES  
Your passphrase must be one word.  If you want to use two or more words for a passphrase, you can use the underscore ("_") symbol to connect words or use a capital letter.  
Example:
My Pass Phrase = Bad!
My_Pass_Phrase = Good
MyPassPhrase = Good
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 592 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,029 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,444 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 783 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 488 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,088 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor
  New Router Lost FlashSD Connection gumleafau 2 473 03-28-2023, 04:23 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.