Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The S9's here and I love it!
RE: The S9's here and I love it!
Hi Gabby,
CONGRATULATIONS on the new machine, now you can moveon and start getting used to it, and your mask.
one day at a time, good luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 05:52 AM)Gabby Wrote: knowing that this was how it was going to be for the rest of my life.

Yep, you're right, now you'll be getting the very best REST in your life.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
This makes me smile Gabby! So happy for you and congratulations. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 01:51 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: This makes me smile Gabby! So happy for you and congratulations. Smile

Thanks ImaS, and thanks for your help and support along the way.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 11:19 AM)herbm Wrote: Great news.
It is Herb, it's been a long time coming.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 11:19 AM)herbm Wrote: Great news.
It is Herb, it's been a long time coming.

But it's still one day at a time!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I have had my second night and I think I have had good results.
AHI. 2.21
Hours of sleep. 7.15
Leaks. 1.71

I didn't sleep very will last night but it didn't have anything to do with the mask, I don't think because I was quite comfortable with mask and barely felt it, just not a good night for sleeping I think.
Only concerns were before I fell asleep and while I was dropping off my mouth kept filling up like I mean right up full with air. Any reasons please why that might be happening?
Next thing, I turned my humidifier up to 27 last night but I am not sure if it is working.
Is the water meant to heat up, is the air meant to be warm and last but not least is the hose meant to feel warm? I have a climateline hose.
Because none of these things were warm. Would just like to confirm this with you to make sure it is working ok thanks.

One day at a time is working well and I am still feeling very positive. I love that I am having minimum leaks.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
That is super. Do that for a few months and you should feel a lot better and be well on your way to healing your organs.

You might feel better sooner but lots of people say it takes time to reverse the results of years of bad sleep.

Glad it is working for you.

As to the "chipmunk cheeks" you are wearing a nasal (only) mask, right?

The pressure comes in the back of your mouth and puffs out your cheeks.

I have what may be an unusual ability to close of my mouth while breathing through my nose so I avoid this 99% of the time.

Try to let the back of you tongue ride up and back a bit to block the top-back of your mouth and seal the air in your nose to lung airway.

Otherwise you might wear a chin strap just to keep your cheeks in as opposed to your mouth closes.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 05:34 PM)Gabby Wrote: ...
Next thing, I turned my humidifier up to 27 last night but I am not sure if it is working.
Is the water meant to heat up, is the air meant to be warm and last but not least is the hose meant to feel warm? I have a climateline hose.
Because none of these things were warm. Would just like to confirm this with you to make sure it is working ok thanks.

Cannot say I have noticed anything myself, but I will make a note to feel the chamber tomorrow morning and the hose to see if they feel warm. The air certainly doesn't feel warm to me. Though in this weather we are experiencing presently it might be hard to tell. :grin:

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 238 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  UARS - New User - Would Love Some Advice kaelin 3 516 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Negative for OSA - Would love some advice duude 2 367 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Would love some feedback on OSCAR data kewlpewl 51 4,920 11-09-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: kewlpewl
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,131 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
Arrow Would love some feedback on OSCAR data esaulcatnas 3 504 08-31-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  I'd love a review of my data and/or advice, esp. re. waking up at night danielsomers 6 773 04-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Last Post: danielsomers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.