Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Cannot keep the mask on
Cannot keep the mask on
What makes me remove my CPAP mask after about 1 hr of usage. (10pm to about 11 pm ). Can I look for some pattern in OSCAR which can explain this behavior ? I sometimes have more events of  CA than OA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cannot keep the mask on
Hi stelljesjulius!   -  Welcome
I am guessing that you have the pressure too low.  Most adults require a minimum pressure of at least 7cmH2O to avoid the suffocation feeling.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red,

Wiil increase the pressure from 5 to 7 and observe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson is spot on with raising the pressure! Do you have an SD card installed in your machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Phal, I have a SD card and I look at the data on OSCAR every morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post a recent Oscar as an example of therapy data?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I am able to keep the mask on for longer now having changed the pressure from 4 (min) - 5 (max)  to 5(min) -7(max). Thanks.
Any other clues that anyone can suggest from looking at my  OSCAR chart. I can see a  high CA. Should I increase the min or max ?

stell

Post Reply Post Reply
The 2 possibly 3 settings you'll want to adjust a bit are 1) EPR to full time not ramp only, 2) you might need to change EPR level to 2 for a short time like a few days/weeks due to the CA, 3) is also possible if your machine is able, you may need AutoSet mode to give an Auto pressure range.

Also within your chart, the left area should show an orange bar with AHI. Try to capture that along with other summary info along with the right side charts. We won't need calendar or pie charts, but the machine info, AHI, summary data are useful.

The main reasons for those setting edits are the rather large amount of flow limits and those events, both CA and others.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Wow! that was great feedback. Will make the changes as suggested by you. (ERP full time, level 2) . Sorry that I have no option for Autoset mode.

Yes you are right, I should have included the left hand side (orange)

Thanks,
stell
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome,

Ah OK an Elite. The other items may help well enough.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 3,170 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,868 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 4,558 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,222 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,614 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 5,060 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,908 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.