Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR won't connect to CMS50H
OSCAR won't connect to CMS50H
So I just got my CMS50H in the mail a few days ago hoping I could use it with Oscar to add Oximetry data live to the reports since everything according to the machine says it's going well, but I've been pretty tiered lately. I know, it might not show anything or help right now, but I figure it couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I can't get the data off it with Oscar or see the live info. If I hit cancel, the program crashes. It's not a huge deal, I just know the more steps there are, the less likely I am to keep up with it. Any help in troubleshooting it would be greatly appreciated. I saw in the forums that people were having issues with the other CMS50 models, but nothing specifically with mine, so is this a known issue?

Yes, I did also post this to Cpap talk forums..I figure both a great resources.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR won't connect to CMS50H
The newer CMS-50 models have a new firmware version that has changed its communication protocols. You have to import the data file produced by their software, Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1. If you are unaware, this software is a Windows only program.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR won't connect to CMS50H
So it is the issue others mentioned...darn. I've been downloading it through their program, which frankly kinda sucks. I already know there's no way to downgrade/upgrade it either...so I just have to wait and hope the wonderful Oscar team gets a fix for it (Or somebody writes a go between program that steals live from their program or something, lol...probably wishful thinking).

I also Own a CMS50D-BT (non-Bluetooth), but I can't get it to last longer than 4 hrs recording sadly. It does connect to Oscar fine (not live, sadly...but hey).

For anyone having trouble keeping it on your finger at night, a medical friend of mine shared this awesome tip...use medical tape. Sports tape is best cause it's stretchy a bit so it can allow you to slip it on/off without needing to replace it everytime...but medical tape is like $2-$3 for two rolls which should last a month at least...so not a big deal even if you are replacing each time. I tried just wrapping the finger it's on, and it didn't hold SUPER well, so I wrapped it and the finger next to it and that holds super SUPER well. Just make sure to watch the pulse wave to ensure it's still getting a good signal and you didn't mess something up. And cause it's medical tape, it doesn't stick to your skin like regular tape and lets your skin breath.

I haven't tried the paper medical tape cause I thought it wouldn't be tough enough...but after using the fabric tape, I should've gone with paper tape...this stuff is kinda hard to tear...it's a bit of a pain to get off. Might try a rubber band, or something more stretchy like athletic tape when I got the funds for it next month.

Cause I leave mine plugged in, so I can get my computer start/end times, I also wrap some around my wrist, like a watch band, to hold the cable there so the cable doesn't tug it off. Got a 15ft usb cable so I got plenty of cable. So far, its working very well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Spo2 Assistant to connect to a CMS50F Pulse Oximeter running on a Silicon Mac darral.freund 1 1,206 03-26-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Dreammapper Android App won't connect BeachGuy71 4 1,274 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM
Last Post: BeachGuy71
  O2 monitor connect to Oscar MMH1 3 823 01-27-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Flashair help requested can't connect SusanWink 39 2,959 09-14-2021, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SusanWink
  Resscan 6.0 connect to AirSense 10 Elite Antiexorcist 3 1,178 01-21-2020, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Osiris357
  Cannot connect Z2 auto via bluetooth Gandalf7 3 1,450 01-02-2020, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Gandalf7
  Easiest way to connect to FlashAir SD card using a static IP in Windows shawn42 27 11,962 11-14-2019, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Sheepish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.