Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Reports of off gassing from AirSense 11
RE: Reports of off gassing from AirSense 11

.pdf   FDA Response to complaint _model 11 10-16-23 email redacted.pdf (Size: 315.34 KB / Downloads: 11)

See attached:
  • FDA receipt for complaint RE: noxious fumes from 2 new CPAP machines. (ResMed AirSense Model 11)

http://www.fda.gov/safety/medwatch-fda-s...ng-program

If you have had similar experience with this model it might help to document and file a complaint.

thank you,

Mary M
Hi Folks!
We encourage open exchanges that do not violate forum rules.  However, Apnea Board takes accusations, like the toxic off gassing, very seriously.  We feel that a topic like this, that is making potentially serious claims, requires adequate documentation to support these statements.  

Until the Apnea Board receives documentation to support this post, this thread will be closed to further posts.  

- Red

***--  This thread is closed pending verifiable documentation   --- ***
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(10-16-2023, 07:01 PM)mmitchell Wrote: I do...but I am not one to relinquish control and it sounds like "powers to be" at Apnea Board want to
regulate my submission.

Allow me to reiterate what Crimson Nape posted and add some comments of my own.

No one here at Apnea Board is trying to "regulate your submission". 

You've made some rather severe accusations for which you've claimed to have proof via an official lab report.  So we ask you to simply provide that proof so it can be objectively and independently assessed.  In this market, it would be very easy for a ResMed competitor to create an account here and post false information concerning the ResMed's products.  We've had some instances of companies trying to manipulate Apnea Board and our members in the past, so we take these types of accusations very seriously.  Now, either you've done exactly that, or you have not.  I honestly don't know for sure either way.  But until we actually see some proof of the accusations, this particular thread is closed to new replies.  That is the prudent thing to do.

Feel free to email your proof to me at apneaboard@gmail.com .

Remember, you were the one who publicly posting these serious accusations here on Apnea Board, so please understand that we have an obligation to our forum members to delve deeper into this and determine whether this is a legitimate accusation or simply a marketing maneuver by a ResMed competitor.

If you are sincere and honest with us, you have nothing to worry about.  But we do expect serious accusations to be backed up with some serious proof. 

Until then, this thread is closed to new replies.  Others are free to start new threads about this potential issue if they feel it's needed, but anyone who claims they have proof of dangerous gasses coming from these machines must supply proof of that claim, or at least link to that proof.    Threads can always include personal opinions, suspicions, and personal experiences, but when people start talking about official lab reports that "prove" dangerous gasses coming a manufacturer's machines, they should be willing to back up those claims.

If you don't want to share that "proof", then I ask why are you posting the accusations without being willing to provide the proof?

I'd like to point out that Apnea Board is always willing to let stand any negative news threads or claims of product issues, as long as there is a reasonable degree of proof and documentation to back it up.  And while forum members are always free to post personal opinion, suspicions or personal experiences, when any absolute claim of fact is made based upon supposed scientific proof, we expect that proof to be posted or shared.  If someone says, "Just take my word for it, there is definitely proof", that's not good enough.  We expect more when it comes to claims of such a serious nature.  As one example, the huge Philips recall thread is one that was allowed to continue for a long time now, because it was based upon several facts, proofs and documentation that were even admitted by Philips themselves.

As I said, this thread will be re-opened once that proof & documentation is emailed to me.  I'm not denying that this could be an issue.  What I'm posting  about is this-- If indeed there is documented proof of these claims, everyone here has the right to see that proof, rather than simply taking someone's word that "the proof exists out there".
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 226 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,415 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Treatment] Help deciphering OSCAR reports? HannibalBarca 6 687 11-22-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  AIRVIEW Daily reports Opus1 3 477 11-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,740 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,739 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  Dreamstation ASV VS Aircurve S10 ASV problems reports, with which reports are true?? racprops 0 463 02-19-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: racprops

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.