Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now?
Question 
Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now?
My current usage A10 started making a buzzing noise inside the unit near the left handside.  It only happens as the pressure ramps higher.    Also, isn't related to the humidifier or filter or mask.  It makes the noise with all of that removed. This unit has about 5000 hours on it.   It's a 2017.  I had it as a backup and travel machine for a while, so it didn't get that much use.

My current backup machine is working fine but has about 15000 hours on it.   It's from 2016.

I use an oxygen concentrator with these  with a climate line oxy tube setup.

I don't really care about cell data upload.  Also, I fix a lot of electronics myself.  I have a high deductible insurance, so not worth it to use insurance for a new unit.

Options:
-open up the one that is making noise.   Maybe it's a bad motor?  I read I can get a new one on Alibaba.    Fix it. $100
-order a new A10.   Lots of advertisements for them for $399.   
-order an a11, but the oxy setup might not be as nice.   Also I have a few spare tubes for the A10.
-order a mini for travel and use my backup A10 as my main, but they already has 15000 hours on it.   Might die sooner than later.

Anyone have any opinions?

I'm leaning towards opening up the A10 tomorrow.   See if it's the motor making the noise for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now?
The motor is the only moving part inside the unit. I would make the decision if I wanted to replace the motor of just buy a new A10. Or just do both and have a good back up machine for $100
Post Reply Post Reply
Took the A10 apart.  Blew some canned air into the motor on both sides.   Put it back together.  Noise was still there but worse.  Also, motor was blowing harder then it should, pushing my mask off my face.  Stopped the machine and tried again.  No motor blowing at all now, so I guess I need to purchase a new motor.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be something out of alignment with those 2 black rubber parts that are part of the pressure sensors. When you put it back together , they may be off center from normal position.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another option may be reconditioning by Supplier #28. I understand that for $200 they install a new OEM motor and silicone shell, recalibrate and reset the hours. I'm tempted to do that with my Aircurve 10 Vauto with 23K hours. I have a new machine, but nice to get a new one on the cheap. By blowing out the fan you addressed my first hunch which was debris in the fan. At this point is sounds like you're dealing with a failing bearing, and the high pressure may be a misaligned flow sensor. The $399 Autoset card to cloud is a very good deal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Took it apart and back together again.   Now it's working but still noisy.  Ordered a new motor.  At least I've gotten good at taking it apart ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The $399 deal may be even better than that, as they have a 20% off coupon code HOLIDAY2023 which is valid until the 15th. I believe it works on machines, as the coupon states that it's not valid for use on HSTs (home sleep tests?).
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
So bought a new CPAP A10 cloud to card. Also just got the motor/blower and fixed my old one. Working great. So now I have three of them. Backup, travel, and regular? I feel like I should start a refurb CPAP business.
Post Reply Post Reply
Always nice to have a backup, and for the more paranoid among us, a backup to the backup. Glad to hear you got the one unit all sorted out on top of taking advantage of the screaming deal on the card-to-cloud.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet - Extreme Newbie Richg44006 17 7,031 04-25-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: jean23
  Airmini noise question sfr79 39 21,683 04-20-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: scottjenson
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,697 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 100 04-18-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 160 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 230 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 224 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.