Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New F&P Simplus user
RE: New F&P Simplus user
PaytonA, thanks for the tip. I will try to move the top straps. The leakage on my right eye (in my case) can be eliminated if there is about two fingers space from forehead to front band. My DME initially tried a size M and then went on to give me the S size pillow. Down loaded the sizing tool from F&P and think either S or M may work.

Regards
Roy
Post Reply Post Reply
Using the sizing tool, I needed a size M. That is what I purchased and after using it a little I decided that I needed a S. Got the small cushions and have finally decided that I get less leaks with the Medium. I find the Simplus a well designed mask but to me it seems a little finicky.

My standby mask is the Resmed Mirage Quattro. It is a little clunkier than a lot of the newer masks but it makes up for a lot of facial differences due to the adjustable forehead stabilizer and for me it is pretty much set it and forget it. Once I get it adjusted properly I do not need to readjust it from night to night and I don't need to readjust it during the night. My pressure goes up to 20.6 on occasion.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, very interesting results with EPR 1 and pressure max at 15. Only had mask on for 2h 14m. No OA but 7 CA. Woke up feeling like drowning and very nauseous. I was in REM as having a nightmare. Scanning through charts the rise in pressure was in response to flow limits. My breathing in presence of high pressure (above 12) becomes very ragged. Also mask has lot of side leaks at pressure above 14. Will try same setting tomorrow night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very interesting. You might want to go fixed pressure at your minimum. Post a chart for the couple hours of use, and let's see what happened.

Edit to add: your arousal came at the time when you were in a heavy cluster of OA in the previously posted chart. That may not be a coincidence. There is no reason to suspect the small reduction in EPR would account for what you described, but I think it's worth trying again. If you have another arousal, I would suggest putting the mask back on and starting at the minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Last night had AHI 3.72 with equal number of OA/CA (11). Most of the night flow rate was erratic which likely represents poor quality of sleep. The OA/CA appear to be a response to the rising pressure differential.

Plan to try a night in CPAP mode as you suggested at pressure of 9.

[attachment=2896]
Post Reply Post Reply
Roy, I think event-wise that is a success. We're trying to find out what is most comfortable at this point. Fixed pressure is one approach, or narrowing down APAP range by going to 14.0/8.0 would make sense to me. For some reason, you don't like higher EPR, and that cleared up some issues all by itself.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, Your suggestion of trying fixed pressure (CPAP mode) was a breakthrough for my therapy. Thank you!

Last night had AHI 1.51 and 2 CA, 2 OA, 7 H with 5 LL (these were during mask adjustment).

At 9 there is still some flattening of the inhalation so likely improvement (rounded inhalation) can be achieved at pressure between 7 to 9.

Perhaps eliminate the 20 min ramp at 7 and turn off EPR. Set pressure ot 8.5 (CPAP).

Initially my sleep Dr had me on CPAP at 7. In Ontario our health plan recently allowed coverage for the A10 so had Dr change prescription to APAP.

Once again thanks for support.

[attachment=2906]
Post Reply Post Reply
Roy, that's a big change from were we started. The main thing is you have a decent shot at getting rested and feeling well. I'll be honest, my "hunches" or wild guesses as to what will work for any given individual don't come from an elegant knowledge set, but the awareness everyone is different. What worked for you may or may not be good advise for someone else. I do like when things come together! Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Changed back to APAP with pressure window of 7-9.6. This resulted in 17 OA which were primarily in two clusters. Zoomed into first cluster which consisted of quite long OA, the last one 54sec in length. The OA clusters occur during time when pressure is at max. Not sure what to make of this outcome.

My mask was leaking worse than normal although not above 24l/m.

Interested on your interpretation of this result.

[attachment=2912]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Many simplus cushion hisses asm01asm 2 541 06-18-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Equipment] How do I get ResMed headgear off of F&P Simplus mask to clean? LordHelmet 3 610 12-24-2022, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LordHelmet
  F & P Simplus experience THANK YOU!!!! Dave W 1 511 03-13-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Simplus FF possible alternative? fred987 6 982 04-12-2021, 01:38 AM
Last Post: phili175175
  [Equipment] F&P Simplus FF mask + Humidx HME ? Cantab 0 553 01-30-2021, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Cantab
  10 year CPAP user, new system and new mask and 1st time Oscar user armandxp 2 1,105 01-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Last Post: armandxp
  New Mask Tonight - F&P Simplus Diggers4pg 2 1,037 05-16-2019, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Diggers4pg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.