Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] modest811 - Therapy Thread
RE: Inaccurate Insp. Time and Exp. Time with Airfit F20 mask and Airsense 10
We have a Wiki I put together on this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cillations
Anyone that wants to join the Wiki Editor's group is welcome to make improvements on my draft work there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great guys, thank you so much. Just wanted to clarify.

Like i said in the first post it seems the f20 mask causes these patterns on Oscars for me more than the dreamwear FFM. Good to know it's just an error and not a flow limitation causing it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Insp. Time problem seen in OSCAR for Autosets has dogged my work attempting to get cleaner duty cycle ratios, Ti/total. I want the ratios to analyze and help me understand interrelationships between dense, high FL and the other breath metrics from my Autoset days.

Necessary numerical integration of the FR curve yielded tidal volumes for inspirations and cardio waves. After dismissing an approach that required, say, at least 10 ea. of .04 second x FR strips leading into and making up an Insp. wave, I found results better by low pass filtering of the cardio with"TV"<=.025 L. Doing that gave much improved times and cleaner ratios, but curves are still noisy.

As I recall, one of the Resmed detection patents has a somewhat similar scheme which evaluates the start of an inspiratory wave, before committing to it.

My Results compare fairly well to OSCAR portrayals of the Autoset data, artifacts in both included.

It's easier doing such analysis with post processing and I have no idea of either how the VAuto does the job nor how OSCAR might approach this for Autosets.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Insane respiratory rate, error?
Hey guys, did some research on this and saw posts on it with people having similar problems and wanted to just put in that it's happened to me too. 

Been going back and forth between the Dreamwear FFM and the F20. Last night I used the F20 after not using it for a couple nights and got this INSANE oscar report. 

One picture is my sleep last night with the F20 - the crazy one with high flow limitations
one pictures my last sleep with the F20 mask that was perfectly normal
and another picture is the crazy breathing. 

Never seen this before. The only thing I did different was pop one of those over night tab things that are supposed to prevent you from dry mouth. Have no idea what caused this. I think it's the mask? I guess just go dreamwear from now on? 

Thanks guys.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Insane respiratory rate, error?
This is the night previous with the dreamwear mask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It's not the mask -- I've got 2-1/2 years of that with a dreamwear mask, 2 years with an amara view, a year with an F10, plenty of nights with F30, F30i, P30i, N30i, dreamwear nasal -- every mask I've ever used.

EPR helps some, maybe. If you can control the trigger sensitivity (which you can't on an APAP or CPAP) then staying away from "very high" seems to help me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm, it's just strange it happened the night I switched over to the F20 mask after a couple nights the dreamwear.

To be fair I feel fairly crummy today, so something is up. My fitbit said I didn't get as much REM as usual, but heart rate wasn't actually too bad. I film myself when sleeping too and I was not breating at 50 breaths a minute like it says, no way. It has to be an error of some kind.
Post Reply Post Reply
There should be a setting in your machine for "mask type".  Do you change that from Full Face to Pillows or Nasal when you switch masks?

I'm not sure if this would make a difference or not, but may be worth a try.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
_ just to share my own experience: two things exarcebates my RR to anomalous ranges: infections and REM-associated nightmares;

good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps zoom in of the flow graph at the time of maximum respiratory rate, and just count the breaths in a minute. You might see extra zero-crossings in the flow waveform, that can be counted as extra breaths. I see these as well; I think this subject is being discussed in other threads.

BW, DS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rogueshot's Therapy Thread Rogueshot 18 1,294 7 minutes ago
Last Post: Rogueshot
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 50 1,170 9 minutes ago
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Question [CPAP] TPoc's Therapy Thread TPoc 18 495 2 hours ago
Last Post: TPoc
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 46 1,273 Yesterday, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Dalemazkour
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 105 2,736 Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] flyinnerd - Therapy Help flyinnerd 12 329 Yesterday, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help with optimising therapy voluhar 0 65 05-10-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: voluhar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.