Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Philips REMstar SE
RE: Philips REMstar SE
Home-made "Manometer" for few dollars
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ew-dollars
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2012, 06:45 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 05:39 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Tonight I visualize at least 50% of the people that read this topic lugging a bucket of water into the bedroom to assure themselves that this experiment works. Dielaughing

I was seriously considering it! If I had some clear hose, I would have. Is that good or bad?? Eat-popcorn Thinking-about

I didn't know there were two sizes of hose and I had to set my new machine accordingly. The old one had no such thing (1997 vintage). So I put it on, turn it on, and start resting. My wife interrupts "Turn your snore mask on!" (yes that's what she calls it... snore mask, snore machine). I said, "It is." So quiet compared to the Tranquility Quest which generates noticable white noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
So a new mask was offered with my CPAP. I requested one like my old one. When I went to get it I asked briefly about a service manual. The response was that there wasn't one and I don't need one.
Assuming that there isn't one, what is the way to enter setup mode for the SE model? I will try to contact my otolaryngologist first but if that fails I'd like to know how to do it myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a clinician manual here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Not sure if one exists for that model but one for another newer Respirionics model should be similar.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2012, 02:47 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: You can get a clinician manual here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Not sure if one exists for that model but one for another newer Respirionics model should be similar.

I see that Philips is famous for more than just screwdrivers.
It was easy enough to get a password for myrespironics.com since it was automated. But I sent an email to Philips asking for a "replacement" setup manual for my REMstar SE. That was last night and I have yet to hear from them. To the person who says to give it some time... um, no. If I'm trying to fall asleep and I am still having trouble breathing, I don't think my body can afford to wait until the machine "plays nice." When I tried to contact my otolaryngologist I was told that although he may have issued the sleep study, I still have to refer back to m GP who is conveniently on holidays. As I've said, it's not merely OSA but it's combined with CSA so keeping an open airway isn't always the key. At any rate the fact that the pressure is still at "8" disappoints me and without a doctor available I may have to take matters into my own hands. Trying the "trick" of holding down one of the buttons while simultaneously plugging it in does not bring me to any setup menu. It must be some other way that VitalAire is not interested in sharing with me.Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not a trick. It's how you get into it. It's how the DME would get into it.

Yes, it takes time. Just like most drugs take time to get into your system enough to start working, CPAP is the same. For some of us, it took several weeks while others it took nearly a year.

Don't make any changes just yet. Give your body time to adjust.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I can't see very well from the pictures I've seen.

Does it have a display? The pictures I've seen look like it's got some sort of 7 segment display. i.e. it's just a figure 8 thing where various segments light up like old time LED watches.

What does the display show when you run the machine? Numbers, how many digits, etc.?

A picture of the display would be really nice if you could swing it.

For more modern CPAPs, it's usually a case of holding down two buttons at once for several seconds to get into the secret menu. However, if you play around with it with no instructions, you might end up screwing it up and not being able to figure out how to undo it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
For Respironics machines you rotate the knob to "Setup". Then press down on that knob and the ramp button at the same time for several seconds. At least that's the way it is on all the Respironics machines I've looked at.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2012, 05:56 PM)Sleepster Wrote: For Respironics machines you rotate the knob to "Setup". Then press down on that knob and the ramp button at the same time for several seconds. At least that's the way it is on all the Respironics machines I've looked at.
http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions

the REMstar SE is system one machine but more like the Plus version
No efficacy data just compliance data ... hours used

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2012, 05:56 PM)Sleepster Wrote: For Respironics machines you rotate the knob to "Setup". Then press down on that knob and the ramp button at the same time for several seconds. At least that's the way it is on all the Respironics machines I've looked at.

There's no knob on the REMstar SE machine. Just some pushbuttons.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 40 3,220 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,927 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 318 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 181 28,814 03-10-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,070 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 225 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 754 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.