Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can anyone with Airfit P10 Give input
Can anyone with Airfit P10 Give input
I have been using Airfit P10 for years with no real issues.
I notices that the vent ports seemed to be plugged on my old mask.
With my old mask the mask leak showed at Zero in My Air app and in Oscar I am attaching Oscar graph.

I switched to a new Airfit P10 and the vents are blowing air out now.
With the new mask I am showing a leak rate of 9.6L/Min and am wondering if this is the passive venting Also attaching Oscar Graph.

Anyone using the same mask tell me if they show a similar leak rate in Oscar and if that is normal with this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anyone with Airfit P10 Give input
I have four different P10, two older, two brand new. Two show zero leaks (one old and one new), the other new is a consistent 4 l/min, and the other old is a consistent 7 l/min. Well within the tolerance of the CPAP, so I ignore it.

I did experiment swapping around hoses, frames, and cushions. Never did figure out what the DaVinci code was to solve those leaks. Eventually I got bored and moved on to other windmills to tilt at.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the P10's linear resistance reduces over time, causing it to leak.  This is the tension of the sealing area of the pillow against the nose.  Being a tightwad, I found that placing an O-ring on each pillow's stem restored this resistance to overcome the leaks.   I managed to get about a year's worth of service from a nasal pillow using this technique.  I think the O-ring size was 5/8" ID x 1/8" thick.  

. . .You can stop laughing now.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info I was beginning to think I was crazy.
Nobody seamed to understand the question or I was asking it wrong.
Good to know you have had similar issues I will probably just ignore it and move on.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Red,
What material is the O-ring made out of it? Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are Nitrile. I have purchased them from both Harbor Freight (an assortment) and from Home Depot, in the Plumbing isle. If there are any concerns, their location precludes any direct skin contact and/or breathing of any possible off gassing.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you... I may have to try it!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention that getting them on can be a trip. Remember that the P10's pillows are a pillow within a pillow.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
When my p10 mask body gets old and invariably, it has clogged up and its venting rate has gone down, I would take a pin and put some holes on my P10 mask bottom. That would get the airflow going without a noticeable change in noise. And the mask is good for another year at least after that.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 98 8,341 Yesterday, 05:55 AM
Last Post: charlie*M
  AirFit F30i Leakage Franko39 3 210 05-11-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Franko39
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 2 547 05-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Melman
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 8 1,418 05-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Airfit P10 Passive Venting Alfons 3 181 04-30-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Alfons
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 143 37,327 04-29-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Alfons
  [CPAP] new AirCurve 10 does not give enough humidity FHTC 8 234 04-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.