Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit P10 Passive Venting

I have been trying to find out that info about passive venting showing up as steady mask leak for a while.
If anyone has any information that would be great. 
I switched to a brand new P10 and can feel the air blowing out of the exhaust vents my old mask was plugged and not venting.
Leak rate showed up in old mask at zero leak consistently in Oscar the new mask shows a steady leak rate in of 10 L/Min.
I switch back to older mask body leak goes back to zero but vents seem plugged on old masks and haven't had much luck getting them cleaned out. I have seen the ideas on cleaning mask old mask with Dawn dish soap and water pick and will try.
I tried a second new mask and it to showed a consistent leak in the same range of 10 L/Min and mask is sealed to my nose great no leak there.
The only other difference in the old mask to the new ones is the tubing is quite a bit shorter on the new masks but I doubt that would do anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airfit P10 Passive Venting
The ResMed mask documentation contains the vent flow rate for all their devices. 

FWIW, I chased ghost leaks for a few months. I have two identical machines with the same hoses and masks. While in use, one has a steady 4 l/min leak and the other has 0 l/min leak. If I switched the hose and mask between machines the leak followed one of them and the other still showed no leaks. 

In the end as it was well within the spec of the machine and had no impact on therapy, I just put it up to my OCD tendencies and put it on the mental shelf for later analysis. Then promptly forgot about it until now.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does the OSCAR chart look like regarding the leaks?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Thanks
This is the chart with the consistent leak
The old mask with blocked vents is zero leak.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 91 7,992 05-16-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Can anyone with Airfit P10 Give input Alfons 8 237 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  AirFit F30i Leakage Franko39 3 196 05-11-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Franko39
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 2 541 05-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Melman
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 8 1,403 05-02-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 143 37,238 04-29-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Alfons
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 33 13,387 04-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeytime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.